A Call to compassion – to mourn with others.
When we mourn there is no virtue or goodness to be found in crying in and of itself. It’s when we cry (as a response to compassion) for something or for someone that it takes on meaning.
Some things to consider;
- Do we cry for the sake of sins?
- Do we cry for the sake of those who don’t know Jesus?
- Do we willingly accept suffering from God?
- Are we willing to be without material goods and accept that lack?
- Are we moved by the material plight of another?
- Are we greedy and unable to see the needs of someone else and feel their pain?
It is also a detachment from addiction to good ‘feelings’.
Suffering is good, if we allow it to be – Christ’s suffering is the reason we have salvation
Although we cannot take away another’s suffering – we can accompany them
This is linked with 7th commandment thou shall not steal. Those who mourn and willingly suffer and do not inordinately desire earthly goods.
Stina – Eternity News
Follow the Podcast on your favourite streaming platform so you don’t miss the next episode in the series. Apple Podcasts , Spotify , Google Podcasts, Deezer, Amazon Music, iheart radio, and Many more.